BETHLEHEM, Pa. – With a scoring order of 34-50-94-184-202(204)(275) and an average 6K mark of 23:34, the Amherst College women's cross country team concluded competition at the 45th annual Paul Short Run, presented by ASICS, with a 21st place finish in the multi-divisional Brown race Saturday afternoon at the Goodman Campus Cross Country Course at Lehigh University.
The Mammoths were joined by fellow ranked DIII institutions No. 19 TCNJ, No. 21 Carnegie Mellon, No. 30 Swarthmore, and No. 33 Wesleyan in the competitive Brown race.
The largest intercollegiate cross country meet in the nation with approximately 6,000 athletes from nearly 450 colleges and high schools, the Paul Short Run is comprised of six college races (Gold, Brown, White) that highlight a deep and talented field from across the nation and from all three NCAA divisions.
The Mammoths return to action in two weeks' time when they compete in the Connecticut College Invitational at Harkness Memorial Park on Saturday, Oct. 13 beginning at 12 p.m.
- TEAM TOP-THREE: Siena (109 points), Shippensburg (280 points), Boston University (281 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Olivia Polischeck '21 (22:37 / 34th)
- TOTAL TEAMS/RUNNERS: 43/ 362
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Pacing Amherst for the second time this season, Olivia Polischeck '21 ran a 6:04 average mile time to cross the finish line in 22:37 – a new collegiate best – and earn 34th overall.
- With a 22:53 mark, Lela Walter '19 placed 52nd in the 362-harrier race, while Kristin Ratliff '20 recorded a time of 23:28 to take 97th overall.
- Sarah Gayer '21 clinched a 193rd place finish with a 24:20 mark, while Eline Laurent '22 rounded out Amherst's scoring runners with a 214th place finish (24:30).
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Olivia Polischeck '21 / 22:37 / 34th (6:04 pace)
- Lela Walter '19 / 22:53 / 52nd (6:08 pace)
- Kristin Ratliff '20 / 23:28 / 97th (6:17 pace)
- Sarah Gayer '21 / 24:20 / 193rd (6:31 pace)
- Eline Laurent '22 / 24:30 / 214th (6:34 pace)
- Julia Doubson '22 / 24:30 / 216th (6:34)
- Olivia Moehl '20 / 25:40 / 312th (653)
- Jenny Mazzella '20 / 25:50 / 321st (6:55)
- Katie Crum '21 / 26:20 / 336th (7:03)