HARTFORD, Conn. – The Amherst College women's volleyball team posted a 3-0 (25-16, 25-13, 25-19) sweep of Trinity College in Friday evening's NESCAC match at Oosting Gymnasium in Hartford, Conn.
Amherst (20-3, 7-2 NESCAC)
Trinity (8-13, 1-8 NESCAC)
- Juniors Nicole Gould and Maggie Danner combined for 21 of Amherst 40 kills, while Nicole Carter '16 dished out a match-best 21 assists in the winning effort.
- The Purple & White defense was led by Katie Warshaw '16 who totaled a match-high 19 digs, while Kelci Keeno '17 was also stellar in the back row notching 16 digs. Asha Walker '18 and Hayes Honea '19 dug nine balls each, while Walker finished with four service aces.
- At the net, Samantha Newby '16 led Amherst with a pair of solo blocks, while Marialexa Natsis '18 assisted on two blocks.
- Kate Giddens led Trinity with a match-best 15 kills, while Shelby Deck dished out 17 helpers. The Bantams defensive efforts were led by Grace Metry who notched 16 digs, while Giddens added 10. Deck and Hunter Drews finished with eight and seven digs respectively in the loss.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Amherst has now won eight of its last nine matches dating back to Oct. 10 and a 3-0 win over Hamilton College.
- Amherst concludes regular season action Saturday afternoon at Wesleyan University. First serve is set for 1 p.m. in Middletown, Conn.
- Trinity wraps up its season Saturday when it hosts Williams College at 2 p.m.