AMHERST, Mass. – Amherst College used 11 kills from Nicole Gould '17 and 17 assists each from Kate Bres '17 and Nicole Carter '16 to help pace the Purple & White to a 3-0 (25-9, 25-16, 25-20) sweep of Colby-Sawyer College in Wednesday evening's non-conference match at LeFrak Gymnasium.
- Gould paced the Amherst offense with 11 kills on 21 swings with just two errors (.421), while Annika Reczek '18 and Marialexa Natsis '18 registered six kills apiece. Natsis logged her six kills on six swings to hit 1.000 for the match.
- Katie Warshaw '16 led the defensive effort with 12 digs, while Carter and Asha Walker '18 chipped in five digs each.
- At the net, Jennifer Mackinnon Krems '18 delivered five assisted blocks, while Lizzie Ahern '16 and Reczek chipped in three each.
- Gabrielle Ratte led Colby-Sawyer with eight kills, followed by five from Courtney Murray.
- Laura Smolinski dished out 15 helpers, while Lexi Strong dug 12 balls. Ratte and Smolinski added nine and eight digs respectively as the Chargers edged the Purple & White, 41-37 for the match.
- After Amherst took a 2-0 lead in the match, the sides battled to five tie scores and a lead change before Mackinnon Krems and Reczek smashed kills to highlight a 4-0 run that broke a 17-17 tie.
- Colby-Sawyer twice pulled to within three, but Maggie Danner '17 sealed the sweep with her fifth kill of the contest.
- Amherst returns to NESCAC action Friday, Oct. 16 when it hosts Bowdoin College in a pivotal match. First serve is set for 8 p.m. at LeFrak Gymnasium.
- Colby-Sawyer is back in action Saturday, Oct. 17 at Husson University in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action at 10 a.m.