CLINTON, N.Y. - The Amherst College women's volleyball team posted a 3-0 (25-20, 25-16, 25-13) sweep of Hamilton College in Saturday afternoon's NESCAC contest at Scott Field House in Clinton, N.Y.
Amherst (13-2, 5-2 NESCAC)
Hamilton (3-12, 1-5 NESCAC)
- Amherst received a 20-kill effort from Maggie Danner '17, and an 11-kill outing from Nicole Gould '17 as the Purple & White hit at a .386 clip for the match.
- Nicole Carter '16 handed out 37 helpers and added six digs, while Katie Warshaw '16 and Asha Walker '18 collected 14 digs each to help pace Amherst in the win.
- Warshaw and Walker served up two aces each, Marialexa Natsis '18 floored seven kills, and Lizzie Ahern '16 added six kills to help seal the victory.
- Danner hit .576 for the match (20K, 1E, 33TA), while Gould hit .450 (11K, 2E, 20TA).
- Erin Donahue led Hamilton with 10 kills and 10 digs, while Sophie Zacharakis finished with seven kills. Jamie Granskie led all players with 20 digs, while Meghan Wilkinson and Kyndal Burdin added eight digs each.
- Wilkinson added 17 assists and three service aces, while Burdin dished out 12 assists.
- Amherst held a 6-4 edge in service aces, and a 4-2 mark in total blocks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Amherst has now won six of its last seven matches dating back to Sept. 26 and non-league tri-match action at Babson College.
- Amherst is back in action Wednesday, Oct. 14 when it hosts Colby-Sawyer College at 7 p.m. at LeFrak Gymnasium in non-conference play.
- Hamilton returns to the court Tuesday, Oct. 13 when it hosts SUNY Oswego at 6:30 p.m. at Scott Field House in a non-league match.