BOSTON, Mass. – The Amherst College women's track & field team continued their season Saturday, putting together a strong showing at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational hosted by BU and the Gordon Kelly Invitational hosted by MIT.
Amherst returns to action next Saturday, Feb. 16 when they compete at the Middlebury Team Challenge beginning at 11 a.m.
David Hemery Valentine Invitational
- The distance medley relay squad of Christina Scartelli '19, Sarah Gayer '21, Rubii Tamen '19 and Jenny Mazzella '20 crossed the finish line in 2:14.16 to place 16th overall.
Gordon Kelly Invitational
- Katherine Hom '19 crossed the finish line in 8.76 seconds in the 60m dash to place 14th overall.
- Hom and Isabelle Lobo '22 finished back-to-back in the 200m dash, with Hom earning second behind a 28.58 seconds mark and Lobo taking third with a time of 28.72 seconds.
- Leading the Mammoths in the 600m dash, Kathryn Lingen '22 took second overall with a time of 1:42.89. Lexi Perez Stern '19 was next across the finish line (1:46.93 – fourth), followed by Annelise Romero '22 (1:49.76 – eighth) and Grace LeCates '22 (1:50.67 – 11th).
- With a time of 5:44.21 in the 1 mile run, Katie Crum '21 placed seventh overall.
- Romero posted a time of 10.48 seconds in the 60m hurdles to take 16th place.
- Pacing the Mammoths in the long jump, Kasia Krosniak '21 claimed 16th overall with a distance of 4.57m, while Yaa Obeng '22 finished 16th in the weight throw with a toss of 11.20m.