Photo Courtesy of Jeff Crum P'21
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – Taking to the course among five other top-35 teams, the No. 18 Amherst College men's cross country team posted a team 8K time of 27:35.5 and a 16-29-30-35-52(58)(64) scoring order to place fifth overall at the 19-team Purple Valley Classic hosted by Williams College at Mount Greylock High School.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 5 when they travel to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania to compete in the annual multi-divisional Paul Short Invitational hosted by Lehigh University.
- TEAM RESULTS: 5th overall (162 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 (27:12.3 / 16th)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 228
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Leading the Mammoths for the second consecutive race, senior Spencer Ferguson-Dryden posted a 5:29 pace to cross the finish line in 27:12.3 and place 16th overall in the 228-harrier race.
- Stopping the clock at 27:27.9, Braxton Schuldt '21 finished 33rd, while Jamie Mazzola '21 claimed 35th overall behind a 27:28.6 mark.
- Keon Mazdisnian '23 and Matthew Bradley '22 rounded out Amherst's scoring runners with Mazdisnian securing 42nd (27:37.9) and Bradley taking 63rd (28:10.7).
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 / 27:12.3 / 16th
- Braxton Schuldt '21 / 27:27.9 / 33rd
- Jamie Mazzola '21 / 27:28.6 / 35th
- Keon Mazdisnian '23 / 27:37.9 / 42nd
- Matthew Bradley '22 / 28:10.7 / 63rd
- Owen Daily '22 / 28:18.6 / 70th
- Braedon Fiume '23 / 28:33.7 / 81st
- William Snead '23 / 28:42.5 / 90th
- Ajay Sarathy '21 / 28:45.8 / 94th
- Wilson Spurrell '23 / 29:00.1 / 107th
- Aydin Williams '23 / 29:00.9 / 108th
- Spencer Davis '22 / 29:16.1 / 123rd
- Chris Stone '20 / 29:36.7 / 136th
- Will Merhige '22 / 30:12.5 / 159th