MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Placing six runners inside the top-20 at the season opening Little Three Championships, the No. 17 Amherst College men's cross country team ran to a second place finish Saturday at the Wes Fuhrman '05 Trails at Long Lane Farm on the campus of Wesleyan University.
With an average 6K time of 19:38.21, the Mammoths finished with 56 points behind an 8-10-11-13-14(15)(18) performance.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Sept. 28 when they compete in the Purple Valley Invitational hosted by Williams College beginning at 12:10 p.m.
- TEAM RESULTS: Williams (15 points), Amherst (56 points), Wesleyan (73 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 (19:26.20 / 9th)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 60
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Senior captain Spencer Ferguson-Dryden started the fall off with a bang, recording a time of 19:26.20 to pace the Mammoths and place 9th overall.
- Jamie Mazzola '21 was next across the finish line with a 19:31.07 mark to take 11th, while Braxton Schudlt '21 clinched 13th place behind a time of 19:40.48.
- Stopping the clock at 19:43.91, Ajay Sarathy '21 secured 17th overall, while Billy Massey '21 rounded out the scoring Mammoths with a 19th place finish (19:49.37).
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 / 19:26.20 / 9th
- Jamie Mazzola '21 / 19:31.07 / 11th
- Braxton Schudlt '21 / 19:40.48 / 13th
- Ajay Sarathy '21 / 19:43.91 / 17th
- Billy Massey '21 / 19:49.37 / 19th
- Braedon Fiume '23 / 19:53.95 / 20th
- Keon Mazdisnian '23 / 20:02.52 / 25th
- Matthew Bradley '22 / 20:03.74 / 26th
- Owen Daily '22 / 20:04.18 / 27th
- Will Spurrell '23 / 20:05.19 / 29th
- Will Snead '23 / 20:15.73 / 34th
- Spencer Davis '23 / 20:34.70 / 39th
- Aydin Williams '23 / 20:52.99 / 43rd