CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Mammoths kicked off the 2019 New England Division III Indoor Championship's Friday evening, traveling to the Johnson Athletic Center at MIT in a bid to post NCAA qualifying marks.
Amherst returns to the track tomorrow, Saturday, Feb. 23 when they compete in the final day or the New England Division III Indoor Championships beginning at 9 a.m.
- Troy Colleran '22 sits in second place through four events with 2730 points, and will continue competing in the heptathlon tomorrow with the 60m hurdles, pole vault, and 1000m run.
- Colleran started the multi in noteworthy fashion, recording a new PR of 7.30 seconds in the 60m dash to earn second place points.
- In the long jump, the first-year added another personal record, logging a distance of 6.65m to add 732 points to the board.
- Moving on to the shot put, Colleran posted the top mark of the event with a toss of 10.91m before closing out day one with a 1.86m mark in the high jump.
- Taking to the blocks in the 5000m run, Jamie Mazzola '21 crossed the finish line in 15:48.94.
- Amherst's distance medley quad posted the ninth best mark of the meet, combining for a time of 10:38.42 in the race of 19 groups.