MEDFORD, Mass. – Amherst College was one of nineteen men's indoor track and field teams to compete at the second annual Branwen Smith-King Invitational at Tufts University, and the Mammoths placed third overall on Saturday afternoon at Gantcher Center.
The Mammoths return to action next weekend, Feb. 1-2when they split the squad and compete at the NEICAAA Indoor Championships hosted by MIT and the Tufts Cupid Challenge.
- LOCATION: Gantcher Center, Tufts University
- AMHERST FINISH: Third (100 points)
- TOP-THREE: Tufts (121), Stonehill (107), Amherst (100)
- Competing in the 13 competitor heptathlon Friday evening, Troy Colleran '22 placed first overall, while Jack Dufton '20 took 10th.
- Lining up for the 60m dash, Colleran crossed the finish line in 7.48 seconds to place third, while Dufton clocked a 7.93 seconds to earn 12th.
- In the long jump, Colleran took the top spot with a distance of 6.58m, while Dufton placed 11th (5.44m).
- A toss of 10.94m landed Colleran third in the shot put, while Dufton secured an 8.90m mark to take eighth.
- A height of 1.96m earned Colleran first overall in the high jump, while Dufton earned eighth (8.90m).
- Colleran took third in the 60m hurdles (9.36 seconds), while Dufton placed sixth (9.76 seconds).
- The pole vault saw Colleran place fourth with a 3.20m mark and Dufton take 11th with a 2.70m mark.
- Dufton placed first overall in the 1000m run with a time of 2:45.06, while Colleran took 11th (3:09.09).
- Henry Buren '22 placed sixth overall in the 60m dash with a time of 7.18 seconds.
- In the 200m dash, Mayowa Tinubu '20 finished sixth overall with a 23.52 mark.
- Crossing the finish line in 1:21.55, Kristian Sogaard '19 earned gold in the 600m run, while Andrew Swenson '21 placed fourth overall (1:25.82).
- Clinching second overall in the 400m dash, Ryan Prenosil '21 posted a time 50.84
- Ermias Kebede '19 notched fifth in the 800m with a time of 1:59.68 to add four points to the board.
- Owen Daily '22 secured second overall in the one mile run with a 4:23.42 mark.
- Cosmo Brossy '19 posted a second place finish in the 3000m run with a time of 8:27.83, while Clark Ricciardelli '20 finished right behind with an 8:27.86 mark to take third. Tucker Meijer '19 placed fourth overall (8:34.14).
- Running in the 60m hurdles Maxim Doiron '19 placed seventh with a time of 8.88 seconds.
- Amherst's 4x400 relay team combined to post a 3:29.79 mark and earn second overall.