MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Amherst men's swimming and diving remained unblemished on the season and recorded their third win on the season after downing Wesleyan, 198-84, in their third-straight road outing Monday evening.
The Mammoths move to 3-0 on the 2019-20 campaign while the Cardinals drop their fifth-straight meet, falling to 0-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kevin Ma '23, Jack Koravos '20, Sean Mebust '20, and Scott Romeyn '22 opened up the 200 medley relay with a 1:31.97 mark before Eric Wong '20 got things started in the individual competition with first place in the 400 IM (4:13.68).
- In the 200 freestyle, Tristan So '21 touched the wall in 1:43.28 to take the top spot while Romeyn followed close behind with 1:44.60.
- Mebust and Gary Sun '22 nestled into first and second place with 26.10 and 27.61 times, respectively.
- Koravos tallied his first individual win with a time of 50.91 in the 100 fly before Christian Moy '23 notched the Mammoths seventh event win with a first place finish in the 50 freestyle (21.75).
- Tom Amsbry '22 settled into first place in both of the diving events, scoring 284.71 on the 3 meter board and a 217.34 mark on the 1 meter board.
- In event 18, Romeyn took first with a time of 46.49 before Craig Smith '20 finished the 100 backstroke in a time of 51.68 for first place.
- Sun touched the wall in just over a minute in the 100 breaststroke, edging teammate Malcolm Scannell '22 by 0.41 seconds.
- Austin Lee '22 rounded out the wins for Amherst on the evening after beating the nearest competitor, Alex Brun, by just under 10 seconds in the 500 freestyle (4:49.98).
The Mammoths will return after the break and host their first meet of the season on Saturday, December 7th at 1:00 PM against Middlebury. Wesleyan will compete in the CT Cup in their next outing on December 7th.