WATERVILLE, Maine – Amherst women's swimming and diving tallied their second win on the 2019-20 tab, downing Colby College 183.5-107.5 on Sunday afternoon
With the win, Amherst jumps to 2-0 on the season while the Mules mark their first loss on the year, moving to 1-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kevin Ma '23, Sean Mebust '20, Jack Koravos '20 and Scott Romeyn '22 opened up the scoring for the Mammoths, posting a time of 1:32.86 in the 200 yard medley relay.
- In the 100 yard backstroke, Craig Smith '20 notched his first win on the day, touching the wall in 51.55 seconds while Jack Dengler '22 placed second with a time of 53.04.
- Mebust recorded his first individual win on the day with a time of 57.59 while Malcolm Scannell '22 reached top-two placement with a time of 1:01.28 in the 100 yard breaststroke.
- After a loss in the 200 butterfly, Romeyn and Tristant So '21 secured the top two spots in the 50 yard freestyle with times of 21.16 and 21.45, respectively.
- In the opening diving event, Tom Amsbry '22 clinched first with a score of 240.98
- So took first place in the 100 yard freestyle with a 47.12 finish. Christian Moy '23 took second place, edging Colby's top finisher, John Connors, for the 2nd spot with a time of 48.01.
- Smith tallied his second win on the day in the 200 yard backstroke with a time of 1:51.11 before Mebust matched his placement in the 200 yard breaststroke with a first place finish (2:06.96).
- Amsbry swept the diving events on the day after accumulating a score of 227.40 on the 3-meter board, beating his nearest opponent by 88.13 points.
- Rounding out the final two events on the day, Gary Sun '22 clinched the top spot in the 200 IM (2:00.93) while the 200 freestyle relay team of Koravos, So, Erica Wong '20, and Romeyn took first with a time of 1:25.37.
The Mammoths have a quick turnaround as they travel to Wesleyan University on Monday, November 25th for 5:00 PM meet prior to the break. Colby rounds out there November schedule and will look ahead to December 6-7 when they travel to Bowdoin for Maine States.