Posted: Jan 28, 2017
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The 12th-ranked Amherst College men's swimming & diving team fell to No. 4 MIT, 197-102 Saturday afternoon in Cambridge, Mass.
- RESULT: L 197-102
- LOCATION: The Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center, MIT
- Connor Haley '17 and Chris Quinones '19 finished first and second in the 1000-yard freestyle with respective times of 9:51.50 and 10:01.04, while John Brody '17 and Eric Wong '20 touched the wall in first and second in the 200-yard freestyle with times of 1:43.97 and 1:44.20.
- Craig Smith '20 won the 100-yard backstroke (52.52), while Wong glided to a win in the 500-yard freestyle with a mark of 4:40.59.
- In the 200-yard medley relay, the quartet of Smith, Elijah Spiro '18, Jack Koravos '20 and Alex Dreisbach '17 powered to a second place finish in a time of 1:33.91, while Spiro and Sam Spurrell '18 logged second place finishes in the 100-yard breaststroke (58.23) and 200-yard butterfly (1:55.20) respectively.
- Koravos added two more second place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle (21.35) and the 100-yard freestyle (47.08), while Smith clocked a time of 1:53.61 in the 200-yard backstroke and finished second in the race.
- Charles Seltzer '19 added a second place mark of 1:56.11 mark in the 200-yard individual medley.
- Amherst returns to action on Sunday, Jan. 29 at Springfield College at 1 p.m. in its final dual meet of the season.