WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – Jack Koravus '20, Eric Wong '20, and Bobby Shogren '19 each won an individual event, but the No. 21 Amherst College men's swimming & diving team was edged by Little III and NESCAC rival Williams College, 139-102 in dual-meet action Saturday afternoon.
• RESULT: L 139-102
• LOCATION: Samuelson-Muir Pool, Williams College
- Amherst won four total events and one relay race in the loss.
- Koravus took the top spot in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 21.28, while Alex Dreisbach '17 finished second in 21.38.
- Amherst earned second and third place finishes in the 200-yard butterfly as Sam Spurrell '18 finished second with a time of 1:55.02 while John Janezich '18 touched third in 1:57.89.
- First-year Wong went the distance in the 500-yard freestyle earning first place honors with a mark of 4:43.02 and placed second in the 200-yard freestyle when he clocked a time of 1:43.57.
- Craig Smith '20 swam to a third place finish in the 200-yard backstroke with a mark of 1:54.98 and also had a hand in the 400-medley relay second place finish with Spurrell, Sean Mebust '17, and Josh Chen '19 (3:28.37).
- In the 1-meter diving, Shogren placed first with 246.68 points, while Jake Meyer '18 placed third in the 3-meter diving with 180.45 points.
- Koravus, Wong, Dreisbach, and Charles Seltzer '19 rounded out the Purple & White's victories in the 400-yard freestyle relay with a time of 3:07.48.
- Amherst (4-1) will host Connecticut College, Jan. 21 at Amherst, Mass. with a start time of 1:00 p.m.