AMHERST, Mass. – The No. 21 Amherst College men's swimming & diving team defeated Union College, 157-83, for its fourth straight dual-meet victory Saturday afternoon at Pratt Pool behind nine first place finishes.
RESULT: W 157-83
LOCATION: Pratt Pool, Amherst, Mass.
• The Purple & White powered to nine first place finishes in its fourth win of the season and claimed the top-three finishes in three events.
• Craig Smith '20, Jack Koravus '20, Josh Chen '19, and Alex Dreisbach '17 earned 11 points in the 200-yard medley relay, while Jack Fergus '20, John Janezich '18, Chris Quinones '19, and Sean Mebust '20 placed second for four points with times of 1:36.03 and 1:38.14, respectively.
• Eric Wong '20 touched first in the 1000-yard freestyle event with a mark of 9:51.26, while Wang and John Brody legged out first and second place finishes in the 500-yard freestyle in 4:58.61 and 5:00.35.
• Brody also placed first in the 200-yard freestyle (1:46.72), while teammate Nathan Ives '18 touched second in 1:48.38.
• In the 50-yard freestyle, Dreisbach, Noah Aube '20, and Smith sprinted to the top three finishes in 21.60, 22.58, and 22.63, respectively.
• Mebust clocked a time of 48.88 to win the 100-yard freestyle and placed second in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:09.99), while Quinones finished third in 2:14.28.
• Sam Spurrell '18 (1:56.83) and Koravus (1:59.29) captured first and second place in the 200-yard butterfly, while Smith, Charles Seltzer '19, and Fergus claimed the top-three spots in the 200-yard breaststroke with marks of 1:55.70, 1:59.75, and 2:01.65.
• Narrowly breaking the Pratt Pool record (1:26.06) in the 200-yard freestyle relay, Koravus, Wong, Chen, and Dreisbach rounded out the Purple & White's victories with a time of 1:26.43.
• Amherst returns to the pool Jan. 7 to take on Williams College at 1 p.m. in Williamstown, Mass.