Posted: Jan 30, 2016
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 9 Amherst men's swimming & diving suffered its second loss of the season, 240.5-72.5, to MIT Saturday afternoon at Alumni Pool.
- RESULT: L 240.5 – 72.5 (5-2)
- LOCATION: Alumni Pool, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The relay squad of Alex Dreisbach '17, Vic Sun '16, Sebastian Cruz '16, and Jeff Anderson '16 placed third in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a mark of 1:27.50.
- Elijah Spiro '18 claimed third in the 100-yard breaststroke (58.45).
- Out swimming the competition, Anderson took first in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 1:52.74.
- A mark of 21.59 earned Dreisbach third in the 50-yard freestyle.
- Asher Lichtig '16 placed first in the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events with scores of 318.83 and 289.80, respectively.
- Amherst placed third in the 200-yard medley relay, with Matt Heise '16, Spiro, Sam Spurrell '18, and Anderson touching the wall in 1:35.47.
- Connor Haley '17 claimed third in the 500-yard freestyle (4:50.31).
- The Purple & White earned second place in both the 100-yard butterfly and the 200-yard IM, with Spurell putting up a time of 52.31 and Anderson swimming to a mark of 1:56.24.
- Amherst returns to Pratt Pool on Sunday, Jan. 30 when they host Springfield College beginning at 1 p.m.
- MIT competes in the NEWMAC Championships on Feb. 18 at 6 p.m.