Posted: Nov 21, 2015
Waterville, Maine – Matt Heise '16 won two individual events as the Amherst College men's swimming and diving team opened the 2015-16 season with a 147-119 victory over Colby College Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: W 147-119
- LOCATION: Colby College, Waterville Maine
- Amherst won 11 total events en route to its first win of the year.
- Heise captured first overall in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 53.19 and the 200-yard backstroke with a mark of 1:58.28. He also claimed first in the 200-yard medley relay (1:37.29), joining Charlie Seltzer '19, Elijah Spiro '18 and Alex Dreisbach '17.
- Connor Haley '17 won the lone distance race of the meet, placing first in the 1000-yard freestyle with a time of 10:09.5.
- First-year Chris Quinones earned nine points for the Purple & White and his first collegiate victory in the 200-yard freestyle, earning first overall with time of 1:48.25.
- Josh Chen '19 (100-yard breaststroke, 59.64), Sam Spurrell '18 (200-yard butterfly, 1:55.15), Kaison Ifill '19 (50-yard freestyle, 21.40), and Dreisbach (100-yard freestyle, 49.24) rounded out Amherst's victors in the dual meet.
- The Purple & White return to the pool on Monday, Nov. 23 to take on Little Three rival Wesleyan University beginning at 5 p.m.