WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – Dave Cunningham '16 made 32 saves in net for the Purple & White, but the Amherst College men's ice hockey team fell to archrival and No. 5/6 Williams College, 2-0, Saturday afternoon at Lansing Chapman Rink.
Amherst (9-10-4, 7-7-3 NESCAC)
Williams (18-4-1, 14-2-1 NESCAC)
- Despite 23 shots being taken between the sides, neither team was able to find the back of the net in the opening period.
- Joe Welch scored the game-winner for the Ephs at the 11:55 mark in the second stanza as he collected a pass from Colby Cretella and sent a shot over the goal line.
- Williams made it a two-goal contest midway through the final period of action as Roberty Cellini sent the puck into the netting at the 10:05 mark. Tyler Young was credited with the assist on the play.
- Williams held a slight 35-32 edge in shots on goal.
- Senior Patrick Arena led Amherst with five shots on net, while Joe Welch led the Ephs with six shots on target in the matchup.
- Cunningham (4-4-4) registered 32 saves in between the pipes for the Purple & White, while Michael Pinios (12-2-0) made 32 saves for the Ephs in winning effort.
- Amherst travels to Middlebury College on Sunday, Feb. 21 for its regular season finale. The puck is set to drop at 4 p.m.
- Williams takes on Hamilton at home on Feb. 21 beginning at 3 p.m.