- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a responsible, impartial, decision-maker.
- Must attend a training to learn rules of the sport and gain awareness of intramural facilities and protocol.
- Prematch: Perform whatever field/court set-up is necessary. Communicate with team captains about game-time start, attire, etc.
- Keep time and score during the game.
- Call all penalties throughout the game.
- Manage players and spectators to make sure all behavior is appropriate. Report any students responsible for any out of control situations.
- Enforce IM-wide rules, such as the alcohol policy. Report any violations of such rules.
- Manage and report situations where there is a serious injury.
- Report game results to student commissioner and/or Assistant Director of Intramurals.
- Must possess one year of intramural experience.
- Must have knowledge of intramural sport rules and protocols.
- Must possess good communication, organization, and management skills.
- Manage intramural leagues.
- Set and/or approve schedules.
- Assign and manage referees.
- Monitor teams and assure they are in good standing.
- Collaborate regularly with assistant director of intramural sports.
For more information on these opportunities or to apply, contact Hitchcock Fellow/Assistant Director of Intramurals Emily Horwitz (email@example.com)