Photo Courtesy of Jeff Crum P'21
WATERFORD, Conn. – Competing at the Connecticut College Invitational at Harkness Memorial Park, the Amherst College women's cross country team compiled an average team 6K time of 22:59 and posted a 27-62-74-83-91(102)(159) scoring order to finish 11th overall at the 365-harrier, 29-team meet.
Returning to action in two weeks' time, Amherst kicks of the Championship season on Saturday, Nov. 2 when they run in the 2019 NESCAC Championships hosted by Williams College at Mount Greylock High School.
- TEAM RESULT: 11th Overall (337 points)
- TEAM TOP-THREE: MIT (75 points), Williams (103 points), Tufts (121 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Sarah Gayer '21 (22:15.4 / 27th)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 365
MAMMOTHS SCORING RUNNERS
- Pacing the Mammoths for the fourth consecutive meet, Gayer stopped the clock at 22:15.4 to place 28th overall.
- Kristin Ratliff '20 was the next Amherst harrier across the finish line, clinching 62nd place behind a 22:56.9 mark, while Sophia Wolmer '23 posted a 77th place finish (23:08.0).
- Both posting new PR's, Isabella Landry '23 and Jenny Mazzella '20 rounded out Amherst's scoring runners, with Landry notching a time of 23:15.6 – a new personal best by nearly a full minute – to earn 90th and Mazzella shaving 17 seconds off her previous PR to finish in 23:22.7 and claim 102nd.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Sarah Gayer '21 / 22:15.4 / 27th
- Kristin Ratliff '20 / 22:56.9 / 62nd
- Sophia Wolmer '23 / 23:08.0 / 77th
- Isabella Landry '23 / 23:15.6 / 90th (PR)
- Jenny Mazzella '20 / 23:22.7 / 102nd (PR)
- Mary Kate McGranahan '23 / 23:35.1 / 118th
- Maya Bhandari '20 / 24:58.3 / 218th (PR)
- Mia Rahn '23 / 25:01.9 / 223rd (PR)
- Julia Doubson '22 / 25:14.6 / 241st
- Katie Crum '21 / 25:52.3 / 281st