Photo Courtesy of Jeff Crum P'21
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Competing against 20 DI, nine DIII and 18 DIII programs in Brown Division of the 46th annual Paul Short Run presented by Asics at Lehigh University, the Amherst College women's cross country team claimed a team average 6K time of 22:41 and posted a 21-76-116-167-175(252) scoring order to finish 20th overall in the 44-squad race.
Returning to action in two weeks' time, Amherst next hits the trails on Saturday, Oct. 19 when they travel to Waterford, Connecticut to compete in the Connecticut College Invitational at Harkness Memorial Park.
- TEAM RESULTS: 20th of 44 (555 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Sarah Gayer '21 (21:47.7 / 21st)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 368
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Looking to gain momentum and confidence heading into the second half of the season, the Mammoths executed their race plan and moved up significantly throughout the race to secure a 20th place finish.
- Shattering her previous PR (22:56.5) by over a minute, Gayer paced Amherst for the third consecutive meet. Averaging a 5:50.6 mile and stopping the clock at 21:47.7, Gayer crossed the finish line just 1:05.7 behind the first-place finisher to earn 21st overall.
- Sophia Wolmer '23 trimmed more than two minutes off her first collegiate 8K mark to land inside the top-80, registering time 22:27.4 to place 78th overall.
- Posting her best mark so far this fall, Kristin Ratliff '20 notched 118th overall (22:49.1), while Eline Laurent '22 set a new personal best to take 178th place with a 23:06.8 mark.
- Mary Kate McGranahan '23 rounded out Amherst's scoring runners, with the first-year clocking a time of 23:11.6 to earn 178th overall.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET – 6K BROWN DIVISION
- Sarah Gayer '21 / 21:47.7 / 21st (PR)
- Sophia Wolmer '23 / 22:27.4 / 78th (PR)
- Kristin Ratliff '20 / 22:49.1 / 118th
- Eline Laurent '22 / 23:06.8 / 170th (PR)
- Mary Kate McGranahan '23 / 23:11.6 / 178th (PR)
- Isabella Landry '23 / 24:19.4 / 279th (PR)
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET – 6K OPEN RACE (421 TOTAL RUNNERS)