Photo Courtesy of Jeff Crum P'21
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – Posting a team 6K time of 24:50.6 and a 24-38-43-45-48(52)(55) scoring order, the Amherst College women's cross country team took sixth overall at the 14-team Purple Valley Classic hosted by Williams College at Mount Greylock High School.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 5 when they travel to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania to compete in the annual multi-divisional Paul Short Invitational hosted by Lehigh University.
- TEAM RESULTS: 6th overall (198 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Sarah Gayer '21 (24:10.4 / 24th)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 160
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Registering a pace of 6:30, Gayer was first across the finish line for the Mammoths, stopping the clock at 24:10.4 to place 24th overall in the 160-harrier race.
- With a 24:40.4mark, Olivia Polischeck '21 claimed 41st overall, while Sophia Wolmer '23 finished shortly after to notch a time of 24:58.1 and take 48th.
- Eline Laurent '22 and Kristin Ratliff '20 were Amherst's final two scoring runners, with Laurent earning 52nd overall with a time of 25:09.3 and Ratliff placing 55th (25:14.5).
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Sarah Gayer '21 / 24:10.4 / 24th
- Olivia Polischeck '21 / 24:40.4 / 41st
- Sophia Wolmer '23 / 24:58.1 / 48th
- Eline Laurent '22 / 25:09.3 / 52nd
- Kristin Ratliff '20 / 25:14.5 / 55th
- Isabella Landry '23 / 25:33.5 / 64th
- Paige Reddington '21 / 25:37.8 / 68th
- Mary Kate McGranahan '23 / 26:00.4 / 79th
- Gigi Chrappa '23 / 26:46.1 / 107th
- Maggie Drew '22 / 27:00.0 / 112th
- Julia Doubson '22 / 27:06.3 / 115th
- Mia Rahn '23 / 27:56.2 / 131st
- Maya Bhandari '20 / 28:23.1 / 142nd