MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Landing two runners inside the top-10, the Amherst College women's cross country team opened the 2019 season with a third place finish at the annual Little III Championships hosted by Wesleyan University at the Wes Fuhrman '05 Trails at Long Lane Farm.
With an average 4K time of 15:37.88, the Mammoths finished with 60 points behind a 4-10-13-14-19(20)(21) performance.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Sept. 28 when they compete in the Purple Valley Invitational at Williams beginning at 1 p.m.
- TEAM RESULTS: Williams (24 points), Wesleyan (48 points), Amherst (60 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Sarah Gayer '21 (15:16.21 / 4th)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 49
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Recording the best time and finish at the Little Three Championships of her career, Gayer started the fall with a strong performance, crossing the finish line in 15:16.21 to pace the Mammoths and clinch fourth overall.
- With a 15:31.56 mark, Olivia Polischeck '21 was next across the line to take 10th place, while first-year Sophia Wolmer started off her collegiate career with an impressive 13th place finish with a time of 15:40.20.
- Eline Laurent '22 and Mary Kate McGranahan '23 rounded out the Mammoths scoring runners, with Laurent claiming 15th (15:47.00) and McGranahan taking 22nd (15:54.41) in her collegiate debut.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Sarah Gayer '21 / 15:16.21 / 4th
- Olivia Polischeck '21 / 15:31.56 / 10th
- Sophia Wolmer '23 / 15:40.20 / 13th
- Eline Laurent '22 / 15:47.00 / 15th
- Mary Kate McGranahan '23 / 15:54.41 / 22nd
- Paige Reddington '21 / 16:14.37 / 28th
- Kristin Ratliff '20 / 16:23.89 / 31st
- Isabella Landry '23 / 16:29.27 / 32nd
- Gigi Chrappa '23 / 16:39.36 / 33rd
- Julia Doubson '22 / 17:02.05 / 36th
- Maggie Drew '22 / 17:12.74 / 37th
- Maya Bhandari '20 / 17:18.59 / 38th
- Mia Rahn '23 / 17:21.82 / 39th