BOSTON, Mass. – Braving the rainy conditions at Franklin Park, the Amherst College women's cross country team logged a scoring order of 26-32-42-53-60(69)(72) and posted an average team 6K time of 24:02 to earn eighth overall at the 35th annual NESCAC Championships hosted by Tufts University Saturday morning.
Middlebury edged Williams by 26 points to snap the Ephs three-year win streak to take the team title, while Wesleyan rounded out the Championships' top-three.
- TEAM TOP-THREE: Middlebury (47 points), Williams (73 points), Wesleyan (84 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Polischeck (23:28.4 / 26th)
- TOTAL TEAMS / RUNNERS: 11 / 140
MAMMOTHS SCORING RUNNERS
- Pacing the Mammoths for the third time this season, Olivia Polischeck '21 registered an average mile time of 6:17.7 to clock a 23:28.4 mark and finish 26th overall.
- Lela Walter '19 was next across the finish line for Amherst, notching a time of 23:48.6 behind an 6:23.2 average mile to earn a 32nd place finish.
- Wrapping up 11 seconds after Walter, Kristin Ratliff '20 took 42nd overall with a 23:59.4 mark.
- Recording a 6:30.8 average mile, first-year Eline Laurent crossed the finish line in 24:17.2 to place 56th.
- Sarah Gayer '21 was the final Mammoth on the score sheet, earning a 71st place finish with a time of 24:38.1.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Olivia Polischeck '21 / 23:28.4 / 26th
- Lela Walter '19 / 23:48.6 / 32nd
- Kristin Ratliff '20 / 23:59.4 / 42nd
- Eline Laurent '22 / 24:17.2/ 56th
- Sarah Gayer '21 / 24:38.1 / 71st
- Haley Greene '21 / 25:02.1 / 90th
- Julia Doubson '22 / 25:17.5/ 100th
- Jenny Mazzella '20 / 25:28.9/ 103rd
- Paige Reddington '21 / 25:35.4 / 106th
- Katie Crum '21 / 25:51.4 / 112th
- Olivia Moehl '20 / 26:58.1 / 131st