GORHAM, Maine – Nicky Roberts '18 placed second overall in the NCAA Regionals to secure a spot in the NCAA D3 Championships next weekend, while the Amherst College women's cross country team posted an average team 6K time of 22:04 to log 183 points and finish sixth overall in the 56-team qualifier hosted by the University of Southern Maine Saturday afternoon at the Gorham Country Club.
- TOP-THREE: MIT (58), Tufts (92), Williams (106)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Roberts (20:31.3/ 2nd)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 393
MAMMOTHS SCORING RUNNERS
- Roberts continued to impress for the Mammoths in a sensational senior season, with the captain averaging a 5:30.2 mile time to finish second overall in the 393-harrier race with a 20:31.3 mark.
- Kristin Ratliff '20 was second across the finish line for Amherst, claiming 27th overall with a time of 22:11.5.
- Five seconds later, Haley Greene '21 concluded the 6K, earning a 32nd place finish (22:16.0).
- Olivia Polischeck '21 and Lela Walter '19 rounded out Amherst scoring runners, with Polischeck placing 61st behind a time of 22:40.8 and Walter clocking a 22:43.4 mark to take 63rd overall.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Nicky Roberts '18 / 20:31.3/ 2nd
- Kristin Ratliff '20 / 22:11.5/ 27th
- Haley Greene '21 / 22:16.0/ 32nd
- Olivia Polischeck '21 / 22:40.8/ 61st
- Lela Walter '19 / 22:43.4 / 63rd
- Veronica Rocco '19 / 23:03.2/ 76th
- Sarah Gayer '21 / 23:20.5/ 97th
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Nov. 18 when select individuals run in the NCAA Division III Championships at North Farm Facility in Elsah, Ill.