BOSTON, Mass. – Moving the season total to three, two more records fell this weekend at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational hosted by Boston University as the sophomore 4x400 relay quartet of Anna Madden, Katie Lingen, Sam Tichelaar, and Juanita Jaramillo and junior 60m hurdler Ella Rossa rewrote the Amherst College women's indoor track & field all-time leaderboard with showstopping performances.
Besting her own program record in the 60m hurdles for the second time this season since originally taking over the top spot in 2018 with a time of 8.95, Rossa crossed the finish line in a lightning fast 8.87 seconds to move into the No. 1 spot at Amherst and to the No. 6 spot in all of Division III this winter. She previously set the benchmark at 8.88 seconds on Jan. 25 at the Upstate Challenge.
Resetting standard, Madedn, Lingen, Tichelaar, and Jaramillo teamed up for the 4x400 relay with impressive results as they knocked last season's time of 3:55.38 from Madden, Tichelaar, Jaramillo, and Sophia Friedman from the top spot with a 3:54.67 mark. The time currently stands as the 12th fastest in the event in the nation.
- First-year Amerley Lokko made the most of her fourth collegiate competition, running to new personal top marks in the 60m dash (8.14) and the 200m sprint (26.44).
- The 400m saw Jaramillo and Susannah Auderset '23 post new collegiate bests, with Jaramillo leading the pack with a time of 58.69.
- Ava Tillman '23 continued to hone her skills in the 500m event, stopping the clock in 1:21.61, while Jenny Mazzella '20 and Rachel Ruderman '21 raced to new collegiate bests in the 800m as they both claimed regional qualifying times with a 2:16.94 and a 2:19.36 mark, respectively.
- Crossing the finish line in 5:24.42, sophomore Maggie Drew set a new personal best to pace the Mammoths, while Sarah Gayer '21 (9:53.53) and Sophia Wolmer '23 (10:06.04) logged the top times of their careers in the 3000m.
- Going two-for-two in posting New England Regional qualifying marks in field events, Rossa leaped to a distance of 5.21m in the long jump before Annelise Romero '22 hit 10.82m in the triple jump.
The Mammoths return to action next Saturday, Feb. 22 when they head to the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center in Providence, R.I. for the Brown University Invitational.