NEW LONDON, Conn. – Closing out the Silfen Invitational hosted by Connecticut College in less than ideal weather conditions, the Amherst College men's track & field team finished 12th overall at the 20-team meet.
The Mammoths return to action next Saturday, April 20 when they travel to Tufts University for the Sunshine Classic beginning at 9 a.m.
- The Mammoths held their own in the 400m dash with senior Julia Asin running her collegiate outdoor personal best with a time of 60.17 to earn 6th overall.
- Taking to the track for the 5k late in the afternoon, sophomore Haley Greene found her stride as she closed hard over the last mile to a finishing with time of 19:00.54, while Eline Laurent '22 battled hard to earn a well raced mark of 19:20.64.
- Back to racing her main event, senior Kristin Ratliff used hurdling skills to rival that of 100H student-athletes to compete well throughout the steeplechase and make a splash on the scoresheet.
- In the long jump, Dana Frishman '21 was back at it again, landing six legal jumps to take third overall and besting her mark from last week with a 5.29m leap on the fifth attempt.
- Using the same runway later that day for the triple jump Annelise Romero '22, fresh off her trip to Kutztown for the Heptathlon on Thursday and Friday, bounded to a 10.41m mark on her third attempted. That mark was far enough for a seventh-place finish overall.