MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Amherst College women's track & field team earned first place finishes in the triple jump, 60m hurdles and 400m dash to record 99 points and place fourth overall at Saturday's Middlebury Team Challenge at the Virtue Field House.
Amherst returns to action next Saturday, Feb. 23 when they travel to Bowdoin to compete in the 2019 New England Division III Indoor Championship beginning at 9 a.m.
- Samantha Tichelaar '22, Rubii Tamen '19, Anna Madden '22 and Sophia Friedman '21 teamed up in the 4x200m relay to register a 1:45.45 mark and place second overall - a new Amherst program record in the event.
- Katie Crum '21 crossed the finish line in 5:37.14 in the one mile run to place 10th overall. Maya Bhandar '20 was next on the Mammoths with a 5:40.43 mark (12th place), while Eline Laurent '22 earned a time of 5:43.95 (14th place).
- Clocking a time of 9.01 seconds, sophomore Ella Rossa secured the top spot in the 60m hurdles, while Lauren Lamb '21 finished third with a 9.73 seconds mark.
- The Mammoths dominated the 400m dash, placing four runners inside the top-five. Madden paced Amherst with a first place finish (59.83), followed by Friedman (1:00.25 – second), Juanita Jaramillo '22 (1:01.86 – fourth), Tichelaar (1:02.24 – fifth) and Isabelle Lobo '22 (1:02.78 – seventh).
- With a time of 1:50.21, Lexi Perez Stern '19 finished third in the 600m run.
- Crossing the finish line in 8.35 seconds in the 60m dash finals, Dana Frishman'21 clinched second overall.
- Katherine Hom '19 placed 10th in the 200m dash with a 28.68 seconds mark.
- Finishing back-to-back in the 3000m run, Haley Greene '21 clocked a time of 10:50.46 to place third, while Olivia Polischeck '21 logged a 11:00.71 mark to earn fourth.
- Frishman led the Mammoths in the long jump, clinching third with a 5.13m mark, while Kasia Krosniak '21 placed eighth overall (4.64m).
- Taking gold in the triple jump, Lamb posted a distance of 10.54m to earn first overall. Emily Flaherty '19 finished sixth (9.93m), while Yrenly Yuan '19 placed eighth (9.85m).