MEDFORD, Mass. – Christina Scartelli '19 set a new meet record in the 3000m run and Ella Rossa '21 and the 4x400 relay team added two more victories for the Amherst College women's indoor track & field team at the Cupid Invitational hosted by Tufts University at the Gantcher Center.
- Dana Frishman '21 led Amherst in the 60m dash, clocking a time of 8.40 seconds to place 11th overall.
- With a time of 28.82 seconds, Katherine Hom '19 earned a 15th place finish in the 200m dash.
- Dominating the 400m dash, the Mammoths placed four harriers inside the top-seven. Anna Madden '22 led the way with a 59.53 seconds mark to clinch third, followed by Sophia Friedman '21 (1:00.31 – fourth), Juanita Jaramillo '22 (1:00.82 – sixth) and Sam Tichelaar '22 (1:01.54 – seventh).
- Grace LeCates '22 was the top Mammoth in the 600m run, notching a time of 1:49.23 to clinch ninth overall.
- Grace Haase '21 and Rachel Ruderman '21 finished back-to-back in the 800m run, with Haase taking eighth with a 2:25.35 mark and Ruderman securing ninth with a time of 2:25.47. Molly Carleton '19 placed 11th in the event with a time of 2:26.10.
- Jenny Mazzella '20 impressed in the 1000m run, crossing the finish line in 3:09.50 to log a fifth place finish.
- With a time of 5:14.85, Lela Walter '19 placed fourth overall in the 28-competitor 1 mile run.
- Grabbing gold in the 3000m run, Scartelli posted a new Cupid Challenge meet record, clocking a time of 9:50.47. Sarah Gayer '21 placed fourth (10:31.63).
- Ella Rossa '21 added another Mammoth victory in the 60m hurdles, posting a time of 8.99 seconds to take the top spot. Lauren Lamb '21 secured eighth with a 9.86 seconds mark.
- With a time of 18:29.16, Haley Greene '21 earned 11th in the 5000m run.
- The 4x400 relay team of Jaramillo, Madden, Friedman, Tichelaar claimed first overall with a time of 4:04.34.
- Frishman led the Mammoths in the long jump, registering a distance of 5.05m to take fifth overall in the 29-competitor event.
- In the triple jump, Lamb clinched sixth with a jump of 10.65m. Emily Flaherty '19 took 15th (9.71m), while Yrenly Yuan '19 placed 17th (9.60m).
Amherst returns to action next weekend, Friday-Saturday, Feb. 8-9 when they split the squad and compete at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational hosted by BU and the Gordon Kelly Invitational hosted by MIT.