NORTHAMPTON, Mass. – Senior Lela Walter's second place finish in the mile was the best finish of the meet for the Mammoths, as the Amherst College women's track & field team notched 36.50 points to earn ninth place at the 15-team Smith College Invitational.
The Mammoths return to action next weekend, Jan. 25-26 at the two-day Branwen Smith-King Invitational hosted by Tufts University.
- LOCATION: Smith Indoor Track, Smith College
- TOP-THREE: Springfield (100.75), RIC (100), Westfield State (63)
- In the 60m dash preliminaries, Isabel Park '20 crossed the finish line in 8.30 seconds to qualify for a spot in the finals before posting a time of 8.34 seconds to place seventh overall.
- Walter impressed in the 1 mile run, registering a 5:16.26 mark to capture second place.
- Katie Lingen '22 paced the Mammoths in the 400m dash, notching a 1:01.22 mark to earn third, while Julia Asin '19 clocked a time of 1:01.43 to place fifth.
- With a time of 2:29.62, Maggie Drew '22 clinched sixth overall in the 800m run.
- Finishing in 26.89 seconds, Rubii Tamen '19 claimed third place in the 200m dash, while Park took 15th with a 28.10 mark.
- Seniors Yrenly Yuan and Emily Flaherty finished back-to-back in the triple jump, with Yuan placing seventh with a distance of 9.68m and Flaherty taking eighth with a 9.64m mark.
- With a jump of 4.66m in the long jump, Kasia Krosniak '21 finished sixth overall.
- Kaitlyn Siegel '20 took seventh in the high jump with a height of 1.50m.