MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Amassing 100 points, the Amherst College women's track & field team registered first place finishes in the 60-meter hurdle, 800 meter run and 4x800 meter relay en route to finishing third overall at the 2019 Little Three Championships.
The Mammoths return to action on Saturday, Jan. 19 when they travel to nearby Smith College for the Smith Invitational beginning at 10 a.m.
- LOCATION: Bacon Field House, Wesleyan University
- RESULTS: Williams (143 points), Wesleyan (109 points), Amherst (100 points)
- Isabel Park '20 led the Mammoths in the 60 meter finals, notching an 8.43 second mark to earn eighth overall, while Dana Frishman '21 and Katherine Hom '19 clinched 10th (8.57) and 12th (8.73), respectively.
- Hom and Park finished back-to-back in the 200-meter sprint with times of 28.49 and 28.52 seconds, respectively, to place fourth and fifth and total five points for Amherst.
- First-year trio Anna Madden, Juanita Jaramillo and Sam Tichelaar were Amherst's top runners in the 400m event, with Madden leading the pack with a third place finish (1:00.59). Jaramillo took fifth (1:01.38), while Tichelaar secured sixth overall (1:02.27).
- The 600-meter run saw Jenny Mazzella '20 cross the finish line in 1:44.45 to earn third, while Grace LeCates '21 placed fourth behind a 1:47.36 mark.
- Haase crushed the competition in the 800m race, taking the top spot in the six-harrier finals with a time of 2:30.17.
- In the 1000-meter event, Rachel Ruderman '21 paced the Mammoths, clinching third overall with a 3:12.42 mark.
- Representing Amherst in the mile run, Christina Scartelli '19 placed second overall (5:02.39) to add five points to the board, while Paige Reddington '21 took fifth (5:38.16).
- Haley Greene '21 and Scartelli finished less than a second apart in the 3000m event to earn fifth and sixth, with Greene posting a time of 11:03.59 and Scartelli crossing the finish line in 11:04.15.
- Claiming the top-two spots in the 60-meter hurdles, Ella Rossa '21 secured gold with a time of 9.16 seconds, while Lauren Lamb '21 took silver with a 9.98 mark.
- The 4x800 relay squad of Mazzella, Isabel Balcezak '19, Katie Lingen '21 and Ruderman posted the best time of the Championships, earning first with a time of 10:12.21 to add seven points to the scoresheet.
- Kaitlyn Siegel '20 paced Amherst in the high jump, logging a mark of 1.47m to place fifth overall.
- Tichelaar and Madden impressed in the long jump in their first collegiate meet, with Tichelaar placing fourth (5.11m) in the 12 competitor event and Madden taking fifth (5.05m).
- Lamb was the top Mammoth in the triple jump, earning fourth with a distance of 10.57 meters.
- With a distance of 8.59 meter, first-year Yaa Obeng placed fourth in the weight throw.