HARTFORD, Conn. – Leading the meet for the Mammoths, Danielle Griffin '18 won the NESCAC individual crown in the 800 meter run as the Amherst College women's track & field team closed out the2018 NESCAC Track & Field Championships hosted by Trinity College at Jessee/Miller Field with 25 points.
The Mammoths return to action next weekend, May 3-5 when they compete in the three-day DIII New England Championships on the campus of MIT.
- Kicking things off with a fifth place finish in the 10,000 meter run, Haley Greene '21 clocked a time of 38:54.66.
- Pacing the Mammoths in the 100 meter hurdles, Lauren Lamb '21 crossed the finish line 15.98 seconds to earn ninth.
- With a time of 13.01 seconds, Sarah Tam '21 took 15th in the 100 meter dash.
- Impressing in the 3000 meter steeplechase, Kristin Ratliff '20 secured second overall with an 11:08.07 mark.
- Sarah Gayer '21 and Leonie Rauls '18 finished back-to-back in the 1500 meter run, with Gayer notching a 4:37.60 mark to earn eighth and Rauls finishing ninth behind a time of 4:37.79.
- With a time of 58.93 seconds, Sophia Friedman '21 logged an eighth place finish in the 400 meter dash.
- Taking the gold in the 800 meter run, Danielle Griffin '18 edged out the second place finisher by less than a second to earn the top spot in the NESCAC with a time of 2:12.03
- With a distance of 1.49 meters, Kaitlyn Siegel '20 posted a 10th place finish in the high jump.
- Dana Frishman '21 earned 16th overall in the long jump with a distance of 4.74 meters to lead Amherst.
- Taking 11th in the javelin throw, Caroline Ferguson-Dryden'20 logged a distance of 30.06 meters before earning 14th overall in the discus with a 29.83 meter mark.
- Yrenly Yuan '19 secured 15th in the triple jump with a distance of 10.13 meters.