MEDFORD, Mass. – Competing at the 3rd annual Sunshine Classic hosted by Tufts University at Clarence "Ding" Dussault Track & Field Complex Saturday, the Amherst College women's track & field team tallied 62 points to earn fourth overall at the seven-team meet.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, April 28 when they compete in the 2018 NESCAC Championships at Trinity College beginning at 9 a.m.
- Sarah Tam '21 kicked off the day for the Mammoths with a second place finish in the 100 meter dash, crossing the finish line in 13.41 seconds in the finals.
- Taking to the track in the 800 meter run, Sarah Gayer '21 earned the silver with a time of 2:20.81 in the 19-harrier event. Jenny Mazzella '20 finished eighth overall (2:28.23).
- Pacing Amherst in the 1500 meter run, Kristin Ratliff '20 clocked a time of 5:01.04 to place sixth, while Olivia Polischeck '21 secured 10th with a 5:10.05 mark.
- Lauren Lamb '21 finished third overall in the 100 meter hurdles, posting a time of 16.38 seconds in the finals.
- In the high jump, Becki Golia '18 took the top spot, recording a height to 1.52 meters to earn gold.
- Ella Rossa '21 clinched third in the long jump with a distance of 4.81 meters to lead the Mammoths.
- Logging a 26.11 meter mark in the discus throw, Caroline Ferguson-Dryden '20 landed ninth place.
- Annabelle Gary '20 notched a distance of 28.38 meters in the javelin to place fifth overall.