NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Amherst College women's track & field team closed out competition with 61 points to take fifth overall at the 19-team Silfen Invitational hosted by Connecticut College.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, April 21 when they travel to Tufts University for the Sunshine Classic beginning at 10 a.m.
- Seniors Danielle Griffin and Leonie Rauls led the Mammoths in the 800 meter run, notching third (2:17.48) and fourth (2:17.96), respectively.
- In the 1500 meter run, Rauls took eighth overall (4:46.85), while Christina Scartelli '19 placed 14th overall behind a 4:48.57 mark.
- Earning gold for Amherst in the 10,000 meter run, Haley Greene '21 impressed with a time of 38:58.54.
- Recording second overall in the 3000 meter steeplechase, Kristin Ratliff '20 ran to an 11:21.62 mark.
- Ella Rossa '21 took fifth overall in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 16.45 seconds, while Lauren Lamb '21 placed ninth (16.91 seconds).
- Racing in the 400 meter dash, Sophia Friedman '21 placed second behind a 59.18 second mark. Jordan Rhodeman '21 and Julia Asin '19 were next across the finish line for Amherst, with Rhodeman taking 11th (1:02.19) and Asin placing 12th (1:02.32).
- Pacing the Mammoths in the 100 meter dash, Sarah Tam '21 earned 24th overall (13.45 seconds), while Isabel Park '20 placed 25th (13.46 seconds).
- With a distance of 4.92 meters, Rossa logged fourth overall in the long jump.
- Yrenly Yuan led Amherst in the triple jump, taking seventh with a distance of 10.19 meters.
- In the javelin, Caroline Ferguson-Dryden '20 tossed a throw of 30.84 meters to clinch eighth overall.
- Kaitlyn Siegel '20 placed fifth in the high jump with a 1.59 meter mark, while Becki Golia '18 secured eighth place (J1.59 meters).