AMHERST, Mass. – Hosting the fourth annual Amherst College Spring Fling, the women's track & field team earned four first place finishes to tally 73 points and clinch third overall at the seven-team meet Saturday afternoon.
Amherst returns to action next weekend, Friday-Saturday, April 13-14 when they compete in the two-day Silfen Invitational hosted by Connecticut College.
- Clocking a time of 1:00.16, first-year Sophia Friedman claimed gold in the 400 meter dash to open the meet with a win for the Mammoths, while Jordan Rhodeman '21 earned fifth in the event with a 1:02.80 mark.
- Christina Scartelli '19 was the first Amherst harrier across the finish line in the 800 meter run, notching a 2:24.73 mark to earn sixth overall.
- Clinching another first place finish for the Mammoths, Danielle Griffin '18 posted a time of 4:50.08 in the 1500 meter run to take the top spot, while Sarah Gayer '21 and Leonie Rauls '18 finished back-to-back to place third (4:52.28) and fourth (4:52.38), respectively.
- Haley Greene '21 secured third in the 5000 meter run with an 18:14.77 mark. Olivia Polischeck '21 took fourth in the event, finishing shortly behind with a time of 18:30.80.
- Leading the pack in the 3000 meter steeplechase, Kristin Ratliff '20 placed first overall with a time of 11:29.60.
- In the 4x400 relay, the quartet of Julia Asin '19, Friedman, Rhodeman and Jenny Mazzella '20 took the top spot, teaming up to post a 4:05.82 mark.
- Becki Golia '18 and Kaitlyn Siegel '20 tied for second overall in the high jump, each notching a height of 1.54 meters.
- The triple jump saw Yrenly Yuan '19 place second with a distance of 10.07 meters and Emily Flaherty '19 earn third (9.94 meters).
- Caroline Ferguson-Dryden '20 led Amherst in the discus throw and javelin, tossing marks of 23.7 (10th) and 32.40 (fifth) meters, respectively.