MEDFORD, Mass. – The Amherst College women's track & field team kicked off the outdoor season at the 21-team Snowflake Classic, battling to a 11th place finish at the Clarence "Ding" Dussault Track on the campus of Tufts University.
The Mammoths return to action on Saturday, April 7 when they host the annual Amherst Spring Fling.
- Isabel Park '20 paced the Mammoths in the 100 meter dash, logging a time of 13.77 seconds to place 26th overall.
- In the 200 meter dash, Sophia Friedman '21 added a top-five finish in the 94-competitor race, clocking a time of 26.63 seconds to finish fourth. Sarah Tam '21 was the next Amherst harrier across the finish line, earning a time of 27.82 seconds (23rd overall).
- Friedman continued to impress in the 400 meter dash, recording a fourth place finish with a 1:00.41 mark, while Julia Asin '19 secured 15th (1:03.06).
- Clocking a time of 2:25.10, Molly Carleton '19 took sixth in the 800 meter run, while Kristin Ratliff '20 clinched 11th overall in the 1500 meter run behind a 4:53.69 mark.
- Olivia Polischeck '21 added another noteworthy finish for the Mammoths in the 10,000 meter run, crossing the finish line in 38:52.20 to take fourth.
- Sophomore Kaitlyn Siegel started the outdoor season with a second place finish in the high jump (1.59 meters), while Emily Flaherty '19 and Yrenly Yuan '19 finished back-to-back in the triple jump to earn ninth (10.02m) and 10th (9.84m), respectively.
- Caroline Ferguson-Dryden '20 picked up a 10th place finish in the javelin throw with a distance of 31.95 meters.