BOSTON, Mass. – The Amherst College women's track & field team continued its indoor season on Friday, competing in the multi-division Valentine Invitational hosted by Boston University at the BU Track and Tennis Center.
The Mammoths return to action tomorrow, Saturday, Feb. 10 when they travel to MIT for the Gordon Kelley Invitational. The invite is set to kick off at 12 p.m.
- One of five DIII competitors in the 60 meter hurdle, Ella Rossa '21 clocked a time of 9.12 seconds to finish 17th overall.
- Leonie Rauls '18 recorded her best 800 meter run time of the season in the 167 harrier race, notching a 2:16.29 mark to clinch 55th overall.
- Jordan Rhodeman '21 and Sophia Friedman '21 also logged their top performances of the winter in their respective events, with Rhodeman crossing the finish line in 1:01.86 in the 400 meter dash and Friedman posting a 26.63 second mark in the 200 meter dash.
- In the 1000 meter run, Adele Loomis '18 paced the Mammoths, securing a time of 3:07.57, while Haley Greene '21 posted an Amherst-best 5:19.57 mark in the one mile run.
- Amherst capped off the meet on Saturday with the distance medley, as Sarah Gayer '21, Sophia Friedman '21, Rauls and Danielle Griffin '18 teamed up to clock a time of 12:12.88 to finish 16th overall.