MEDFORD, Mass. – The Amherst College women's track & field team traveled to Tufts University Saturday morning to compete in the annual, non-team scoring Cupid Challenge at the Gantcher Center.
The Mammoths return to action next weekend, Friday-Saturday, Feb. 9-10 when they travel to Boston University for the two-day Valentine Invitational.
- Sarah Gayer '21 impressed in the 1 mile run, clocking a time of 5:09.39 to earn second in the 26-harrier race, while Christina Scartelli '19 notched 13th with a 5:30.41 mark.
- Lauren Lamb '21 and Lizzie Kobelski '20 finished back-to-back in the 60 meter hurdles to place fourth and fifth with times of 9.87 seconds and 9.96 seconds, respectively.
- With a time of 1:03.51, Julia Asin '19 placed 11th in the 400 meter dash, while Kaeli Mathias '18 clinched an 11th place finish in the 600 meter run (1:44.99).
- In the 800 meter run, Leonie Rauls '18 and Danielle Griffin '18 posted solid performances with Rauls securing second overall with a 2:17.17 mark and Griffin logging third with a time of 2:18.47.
- Haley Greene '21 crossed the finish line in 10:31.41 in the 3000 meter run to secure eighth overall in the 27-runner event.