NORTHAMPTON, Mass. – The Amherst College women's indoor track & field team made the short trip to Smith College Saturday, clinching a fourth place finish (69.5 points) in the six-team field at the institutions' annual Invite.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Jan. 27 when they travel to Tufts University for the Branwen Smith-King Invitational.
- First-year Ella Rossa started the competition strong for the Mammoths, securing first overall in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.95 seconds.
- Sarah Tam posted the top-Amherst finish in the 60 meter dash, clocking a time of 8.25 seconds to place sixth in the 15-athlete event.
- Finishing back-to-back in the 1 mile run, Kristen Ratliff '20 logged a 5:18.44 mark to just edge out Haley Green '21 (5:19.74) as the duo placed second and third, respectively.
- Sophia Friedman recorded a third place finish in the 200 meter dash behind a time of 27.15 seconds.
- Rossa paced Amherst in the long jump, notching a distance of 5.02 meters to finish fourth overall, while Becki Golia '18 added a third place finish in the high jump (1.53 meters).