MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Posting their best finish at the Little Three Championships since the 2010-11 season, the Amherst College women's track & field team amassed 104 points to edge host Wesleyan for second place Saturday afternoon at the Bacon Field House.
The Mammoths return to action on Saturday, Jan. 20 when they travel to nearby Smith College for the Smith Invitational beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- LOCATION: Bacon Field House, Wesleyan University
- RESULTS Williams (152 points), Amherst (104 points), Wesleyan (99 points)
- First-years Sarah Tam and Sophia Friedman finished back-to-back in the 60M dash with times of 8.35 and 8.45 seconds, respectively, to place fourth and fifth and total seven points for the Mammoths.
- In the 200M, Sophia Friedman clocked a time of 27.47 seconds to place second overall.
- Leonie Rauls '18 and Molly Carleton '19 impressed for Amherst in the 600M, recording times of 1:38.54 and 1:42.20, respectively, to earn second and third place.
- Senior Danielle Griffin crushed the competition in the 800M run, edging the second place finisher by seven seconds with a 2:22.98 mark to take gold in the event.
- Jenny Mazzella '20 paced the Mammoths in the 1000M run with a time of 3:08.33 to claim third, while Lela Walter '19 took eight seconds off her seed time of 5:25.00 to cross the finish line in 5:16.96 and place second in the mile run.
- Amherst secured second through fourth in the 3000M event, with Hayley Greene '21, Olivia Polischeck '21 and Kristin Ratliff '20 running to times of 10:49.49, 10:49.84 and 10:57.56, respectively.
- Earning first overall in her first-ever 60M hurdles event, Ella Rossa '21 notched a time of 9.24 seconds to add seven points to the board.