CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Amherst College women's track & field team tied for 11th place overall in the 29-team, two-day NCAA DIII New England Championships hosted by MIT.
• RESULT: T-11th of 29 (20 points)
• LOCATION: Johnson Athletic Center, MIT
• TOP THREE: MIT (149 points), Williams (140 points), 3-way tie - Tufts, Middlebury, Bates (62 points)
- First-year Katherine Treanor highlighted the day in the 5,000-meter run, crossing the finish line first in with a time of 17:37.52 that was good for 10 points.
- In the 1,000-meter run, Leonie Rauls '18 claimed seventh place with a mark of 3:05.19. Kristin Ratliff '20 and Cat Lowdon '17 finished back-to-back in the event, claiming 18th and 19th with marks of 3:14.71 and 3:14.88, respectively.
- In the 60-meter dash, Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 clocked a time of 8.09 that was good for ninth overall.
- Competing in the 600-meter dash, Julia Asin '19 finished 11th with a mark of 1:41.97, while Rubii Tamen '19 placed 15th in the 400-meter dash (1:01.43).
- Savanna Gornisiewicz '17 legged out a 14th place finish in the 3,000-meter run with a time of 10:33.85.
- Asare-Bediako secured fourth place in the triple jump with a mark of 11.82 meters.
- Kaitlyn Siegel '20 leaped to sixth place with a height of 1.61 meters.
- The Purple & White will compete in NEICAAA Championships Feb. 24 and Feb. 25 at the Reggie Lewis Center beginning at 10 a.m.