Posted: Feb 10, 2017
BOSTON, Mass. – The Amherst College women's track and field team competed at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational Friday afternoon at Boston University.
- Julia Asin '19 highlighted the 400-meter dash for Amherst with a team-leading 87th place (1:00.48) in the 159-women race, while Katherine Hom was next on the squad placing 136th overall (1:03.87).
- First-year Katherine Treanor was stellar in the 3,000-meter run, earning a team-high 54th place (10:02.48) in the 138-runner event.
- Competing in the 800-meter dash, Leonie Rauls '18 finished 59th overall with a time of 2:19.50.
- Rubii Tamen '19 powered to a 116th place finish in the 200-meter dash with a mark of 26.96. Anna Buford '20 placed second on the team in the event, finishing 143rd overall (27.41).
- With a time of 5:32.67, Kristin Ratliff '20 had a stellar performance in the 1-mile run finishing 184th in the 230-women run.
- Danielle Griffin '18 placed 29th overall in the 500-meter dash with a mark of 1:21.04.
- Kiana Herold '17 jumped to a three-way tie for sixth place in the high jump with a height of 1.65 meters, while Kaitlyn Siegel '20 tied for ninth with a height of 1.60 meters.
- With a distance of 11.01 meters, Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 earned 21st overall in the long jump. Emily Flaherty earned 35th overall in the event with a mark of 10.13 meters.
- Amherst will travel to MIT to compete in the NCAA DIII New England Championships on Feb. 17 and Feb. 18. Events are set to begin at 3 p.m.