Posted: Feb 04, 2017
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Amherst College indoor women's track & field team competed at the non-scoring Wesleyan University Invitational Saturday afternoon at the Bacon Field House in Middletown, Conn.
- In the 200-meter dash, Rubii Tamen '19 placed seventh with a time of 27.53, while Kiana Herold '17 finished ninth with a time of 27.83.
- The 400-meter dash saw Julia Asin '19 clock a time of 1:02.15 and place seventh, while Danielle Griffin powered to a second place finish in the 600-meter run (1:44.93).
- In the 800-meter race, Sylvia Frank '20 crossed the line in fifth (2:28.15), while Jenny Mazzella '20 added a 10th place time of 2:34.58.
- Leonie Rauls '18 led five Amherst runners who finished in the top 10 in the 1,000-meter race with a winning mark of 3:07.26. Kristin Ratliff '120 (3:10.57), Cat Lowdon '17 (3:11.52) and Lela Walter '19 (3:12.72) finished third, fourth and fifth, while Adele Loomis '18 clocked a time of 3:19.01 to place 10th.
- The Purple & White finished first and second in the 1-mile run with times of 5:16.00 and 5:17.61, while Sophie Currin '17 (5:36.32) came in fifth.
- In the 60-meter hurdles, Lizzie Kobelski '20 crossed the line sixth with a time of 9.85.
- In the 4x800-meter relay, Kristin Ratliff '20, Frank, Walter and Rauls recorded a mark of 9:53.86 to win the event.
- In the high jump, Herold won the event with a leap of 1.62 meters while Kaitlyn Siegel '20 added a mark of 1.57 meters and finished third.
- Kobelski added a sixth place mark in the long jump with a bound of 4.79 meters.
- Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 won the triple jump with a mark of 11.36 meters. Emily Flaherty '19 (9.90 meters) came in seventh in the event.
- Amherst returns to action Friday, Feb. 10 at the Valentine Invitational hosted by Boston University.