MEDFORD, Mass. – Senior Abbey Asare-Bediako '17tallied a win in the triple jump as the Amherst College women's indoor track & field team competed in the non-scoring Tufts Invitational at the Gantcher Center Saturday afternoon.
- With a mark of 8.16 seconds, Asare-Bediako placed fourth overall in the 60 meter dash finals.
- First-year Rubii Tamen notched a 12th place finish in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:02.14.
- In the 600 meter dash Julia Asin '19 clocked a time of 1:41.26 to finish third overall.
- Posting a time of 2:24.00, Leonie Rauls '18 was fourth to cross the finish line.
- Finishing back-to-back in the 1000 meter run, Kristin Ratliff '20 and Cat Lowdon '17 placed fifth and sixth overall with times of 3:12.07 and 3:12.93, respectively.
- Senior Kiana Herold claimed the top spot in the high jump with a height of 1.67 meters, while first-year KaitlynSiegel took home fourth (1.67 meters).
- In the triple jump, Asare-Bediako clinched first overall with a distance of 10.91 meters.
- At the Middlebury Invite, Katherine Treanor '20 clocked a time of 17:47.73 to finish second in the 5000-meter run, while Savanna Gornisiewicz '18 finished sixth with a time of 18:10.14.
- The duo accounted for 11 points as Amherst finished eighth of 11 teams in the meet.
- Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 4 when they compete in the Wesleyan University Invitational.