NORTHHAMPTON, Mass. – The Amherst College women's indoor tack & field team claimed five event victories and placed second overall at the 11-team Benyon Invitational hosted by Smith College Saturday afternoon.
• RESULT: 2nd of 11 (127 points)
• LOCATION: Smith College
• TOP-THREE: Assumption (152 points), Amherst (127 points), Wesleyan (123.5 points)
- The quartet of Kiana Herold '18, Katherine Hom '19, Julia Asin '19, and Rubii Tamen '19 started the meet off strong for the Purple & White, earning a second place finish in the 4x200-meter relay with a time of 1:51.02.
- Savanna Gornisiewicz '17 finished first in the 1-mile run with a mark of 5:12.63, while Kristin Ratliff '20 placed fifth with a time of 5:24.28.
- Danielle Griffin '18 sprinted to the finish line first in the 500-meter jaunt with a time of 1:23.75.
- Asin and Tamen finished back-to-back in the 400-meter dash, taking third and fourth with times of 1:03.00 and 1:03.25 respectively.
- Competing in the 3,000-meter run, Tess Frenzel '17 legged out a fourth place finish with a mark of 10:43.05.
- Leonie Rauls '18 earned third (3:08.44) in the 1,000-meter run, while Lela Walter finished fourth with a time of 3:10.06.
- Christina Scartelli '19 and Jenny Mazzella '20 had solid performances in the 800-meter run placing fourth and fifth with marks of 2:30.93 and 2:31.06, respectively.
- In the 4x400-meter relay race, Griffin, Mazzella, Scartelli, and Sylvia Frank '20 finished third with a time of 4:24.60.
- Rounding out the relays for the Purple & White, Walter, Gornisiewicz, Ratliff, and Cat Lowdon '17 finished the 4x800-meter relay event first in 10:04.39.
- Junior Abbey Asare-Bediako secured first in the triple jump with a winning jump of 11.03 meters.
- Herold won the high jump with a leap of 1.67 meters, while Kaitlyn Siegel '20 jumped to a fourth place finish (1.57 meters).
• Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Jan. 28 when they compete in the Tufts Invitational.