MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Juniors Leonie Rauls and Kiana Herold each won an individual event Saturday afternoon to highlight the day for the Amherst College women's track & field team as it tallied 72 points en route to claiming third place at the Little Three Indoor Championships at Wesleyan University.
- RESULT: 3rd of 3
- LOCATION: Bacon Field House, Wesleyan University
- PLACING: Williams (169 points), Wesleyan (94 points), Amherst (72 points)
- Rauls captured a first place finish in the 1000-meter run with a mark of 3:08.17, while Christina Scartelli '19 placed fourth in 3:14.97.
- Amherst took fourth and fifth place in the 60-meter dash, with Isabel Park '20 crossing the finish line with a time of 8.80, and Emily Flaherty '19 in 8.85.
- Competing in the 200-meter dash, Rubii Tamen '19 sprinted to a fifth place finish in 27.58 while teammate Anna Buford '20 finished sixth in 29.14.
- Savanna Gornisiewicz '17 legged out a second place performance in the 3000-meter run with a mark of 10:27.89.
- The Purple & White secured third and fifth place finishes in the 1-mile run as Kristin Ratliff '20 and Lela Walter '19 recorded times of 5:31.75 and 5:36.10 respectively.
- Running in the 400-meter dash, Julia Asin '19 finished fourth with a mark of 1:02.03, while also having a hand in the team's third place finish (4:14.57) in the 4x400-meter relay with Tamen, Katherine Hom '19, Danielle Griffin '18, and Sylvia Frank '20.
- In both the 600-meter run and the 800-meter run, Amherst notched fourth and fifth place finishes as Molly Carleton '19 (1:47.15) and Jenny Mazzella '20 (1:48.18) competed in the 600-meter run, and Frank (2:30.27) and Annie Pascucci '20 (2:57.10) competed in the 800-meter run.
- Competing in the high jump, Kiana Herold '17 secured the victory with a 1.69-meter jump, while Kaitlyn Siegel '20 finished fifth with a 1.57-meter jump.
- Flaherty rounded out the day with a sixth place finish in the triple jump with a mark of 9.76-meters.
- Amherst will head to Smith College Saturday, Jan. 21 for the Benyon Invitational that will begin at 11 a.m.