Posted: Dec 03, 2016
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. – The Amherst College women's indoor track & field team opened the 2016-17 season with a non-scoring meet at the Smith College Invitational Saturday afternoon in Northampton, Mass.
- Becki Golia '18 secured the fifth overall in the high jump with a leap of 1.58 meters.
- The Amherst squad ran to a second place finish in the 4x400 relay with a mark of 4:13.31.
- Sophomore Christina Scartelli '19 opened the indoor season with a third place finish in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:32.24.
- The Purple & White received strong performances in the 600-meter run, with Danielle Griffin '18 finishing fourth (1:45.56) and Molly Carleton '19 finishing fifth in 1:45.60.
- Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 sprinted to a seventh place finish in the 60-meter dash in 8.27, while Katherine Hom '19 also finished seventh in the 400-meter dash in 1:03.16.
- Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Jan. 14 when they compete in the Little Three Championships hosted by Wesleyan University.