SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Amherst College outdoor women's track & field team placed 19th of 31 teams at the NCAA Division III New England Championships hosted by Springfield College Saturday afternoon.
Amherst scored 13.50 points to finish 19ths in the field of 31 teams.
TOP FIVE TEAMS
- MIT (123.50 points)
- Williams (86.50 points)
- Southern Maine (59 points)
- Middlebury (50 points)
- UMass-Boston (46 points)
- In the 800-meter run, Leonie Rauls '18 clocked a time of 2:16.13 to finish sixth overall and secure three points.
- Victoria Hensley '16 added a seventh place finish in the 400-meter dash with a mark of 58.68 to pick up two points for the Purple & White.
- In the high jump, Becki Golia '18 scored 4.50 points with a leap of 1.59 meters to tie for fourth place overall in the event.
- Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 contributed a fifth place bound of 11.13 meters in the triple jump, notching four points, while Emily Flaherty '19 registered a jump of 10.49 meters and finished 10th in the event.
- The Purple & White return to action on Friday, May 13 when they travel to Southern Conn. State University to compete in the two-day NEICAAA Championships.