Posted: Apr 23, 2016
MEDFORD, MA – The Amherst College women's outdoor track & field finished fourth of seven in the Tufts Sunshine Classic this afternoon at Tufts University.
- Tufts (260 points)
- WPI (119 points)
- UMass Boston (98 points)
- Amherst (76 points)
- Jumbo Alumni (54 points)
- Wheaton (Mass.) (23 points)
- Mass. Mantime ( 16 points)
- In the 200 meter dash, Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 sprinted to a fifth place finish with a time of 13.42, while Louise Atadja '16 finished sixth with a time of 13.61.
- Victoria Hensley '16 claimed first place in the 400 meter dash with a mark of 59.15 to record ten points for Amherst, while Danielle Griffin '18 finished in 1:01.17 to claim two points for the Purple & White.
- Leonie Rauls '18 ran to a second place finish in the 800 meter run in 2:18.83, while Kaeli Mathias '18 finished seventh overall (2:29.05) and Adele Loomis '18 finished eighth with a time of 2:29.05.
- Keelin Moehl claimed six points with a third place finish in the 1500 meter run in a time of 4:52.43, while Lela Walter took sixth with a mark of 4:59.99 with two points.
- Becki Golia '18 jumped to a first place finish in the high jump with ten points and a mark of 1.59m.
- In the long jump, Atadja took fifth with a mark of 4.82m.
- Asare-Bediako jumped 11.18m in the triple jump that was good for a first place finish while Emily Flaherty '19 finished third with 10.40m.
- Amherst will compete in the NESCAC Championships next at Amherst College Saturday, April 30.