AMHERST, Mass. – The Amherst College women's outdoor track & field team placed third overall at the nine-team Amherst Spring Fling Invitational Saturday afternoon at Pratt Field.
1. WPI (138.50 points)
2. Coast Guard (110 points)
3. Amherst (97 points)
4. Wesleyan (50 points)
5. Trinity (48 points)
6. Williams (47 points)
7. Brandeis (46 points)
8. Connecticut College (31 points)
9. Plymouth State (28 points)
- Senior Victoria Hensley sprinted to a second place finish in the 400 meter dash with a time of 59.48 and a fifth place finish in the 200 meter dash with a mark of 26.86.
- The Purple & White earned 16 points in the 800 meter run with a first place finish from Leonie Rauls (2:20.32), a fourth place finish from Keelin Moehl (2:21.37), and a fifth place finish from Kaeli Mathias (2:22.08)
- Sophomore Nicky Roberts added a fifth place finish for Amherst in the 1500 meter run with a time of 4:49.82, while classmate Danielle Griffin added a fifth place finish in the 400 meter hurdles, crossing the finish line in 1:11.85.
- Senior Betsy Black finished the 300 meter steeplechase in 11:50.30 to place first overall and earn ten points for the Purple & White.
- In the 4x100 meter relay, the tandem of Gabby Bishop '18, Louise Atadja '16, Julia Asin '19, and Hensley finished first with a time of 50.88.
- A combined effort from Roberts, Rauls, Mathias, and Moehl in the 4x800 was good for a second place overall (10:00.65).
- Sophomore Becki Golia earned eight points with a second place finish in the high jump with a height of 1.58m.
- In the long jump, Atadja placed second (4.88m), Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 finished third (4.73m), and first-year Emily Flaherty finished fifth (4.59m).
- Asare-Bediako placed third in the triple jump with a height of 10.56m, while Flaherty took sixth with a 10.10m jump.
- The Purple & White women's outdoor track & field team will compete Saturday, April 16 at the UMass-Amherst Invitational at UMass-Amherst.