MEDFORD, Mass. – Traveling to Tufts University for the Snowflake Classic Saturday afternoon, the Amherst College women's outdoor track & field team tallied 31 points to place seventh overall in the 15 team field.
- RESULT: 7th of 15 (31 points)
- LOCATION: Clarence "Ding" Dussault Track, Tufts University
- TOP-THREE: Tufts (210 points), Dartmouth (181 points), Merrimack (106.66 points)
- Recording a time of 13.99, Gabby Bishop '18 placed 16th overall in the 37-woman 100-meter dash.
- Katherine Hom '19 finished 18th in the 200-meter dash, crossing the finish line in 28.25.
- Senior captain Victoria Hensley impressed in the 400-meter dash, claiming third with mark of 1:00.28. Julia Asin '19 was the next Purple & White runner to finish, placing 10th in the event (1:03.09).
- Leonie Rauls '18 tallied 8 points for Amherst in the 800-meter run, finishing second out of 50 runners with a finals time of 2:22.45. Not far behind Rauls was teammate Keelin Moehl '16 who took fourth with a mark of 2:23.87.
- Competing in the 3000-meter run, Betsy Black '16 placed sixth overall to score three points for the Purple & White.
- Amherst added eight more points in the 4x100 meter relay, as Bishop, Louise Atadja '16, Hensley, and Asin claimed second overall (51.73).
- Yrenly Yuan '19 registered a distance of 9.50 meters in the triple jump to take eighth and earn a point.
- The Purple & White host its first home meet of the season on Saturday, April 9, when they complete in the Amherst Spring Fling at Pratt Field.